Recipe by Dancer^
Posted for a recipe request. I sounds great though I will be trying it soon.
Top Review by iknitok
I tried this, adding asparagus and quartered artichoke hearts from a jar, plus more onions.
Another difference I made was not to cook it as long.... came out soft and moist, like scrambled eggs.
- 15 cups egg noodles
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 7 (6 1/2 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 7 1⁄2 cups diced cooked ham
- 7 1⁄2 cups diced swiss cheese
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (I would cut that back taste then decide)
- 3 3⁄4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 15 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk, plus
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss drained noodles with 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet and sauté onion over medium heat until soft.
- Combine noodles, onion, mushrooms, ham, Swiss cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix together egg and milk; pour over noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.