Recipe by MelanyTN
This is similar to a calzone - but I use the premade french loaf dough and it ends up shaped more like a log. It is great because you can add so many different ingredients. I just made it because I was in the mood for something with ham and swiss - and wanted to add a healthy twist by using fresh spinach I had on hand.
- 1 French bread dough
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- fresh spinach leaves (I use baby)
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- spicy mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or whatever package of dough recommends).
- Roll out bread dough on to greased cookie sheet into large rectangle.
- Squeeze or spread mustard onto dough (amount according to taste).
- Layer with baby spinach leaves.
- Spinkle on cubed ham, onions, mushrooms.
- Roll the dough like a jelly roll, squeezing and holding in all ingredients.
- Bake uncovered according to dough directions (about 28 minutes).
- Let cool about 5 minutes.
- Slice in about 2 in thick sections, serve about 2 per plate.