Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter a 9x13x2 inch ovenproof dish.
- Layer the dish with the bread, then the ham, then the Swiss cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, dry mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Pour over bread mixture and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Uncover and bake for 50 minutes at 350°F.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut in squares and serve.
- Note: 1 small chopped onion and/or 1 cup sliced mushrooms can be added.