1 hr 20 mins
An Italian-inspired version of Greece's famous spanikopita. If you don't have fresh Parmesan on hand, you can substitute shredded old Cheddar cheese.
My Private Note
hors d' ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, blend together the spinach, ricotta, ham, Parmesan, tarragon, egg yolks, salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Place one sheet of phyllo on your work surface, covering the remaining phyllo with a damp tea towel to prevent it from drying out.
- 3Brush the sheet lightly with butter; lay a second sheet over top and brush with butter.
- 4Using a ruler and sharp knife, cut the pastry crosswise into 3-1/2-inch wide strips.
- 5Spoon rounded tablespoons of filling about one inch from the end of each strip.
- 6Fold one corner of the phyllo over the filling so the bottom edge of the phyllo meets the side edge to form a triangle.
- 7Continue folding the triangle sideways and upward until the end of the phyllo strip is reached.
- 8Press the edges firmly together.
- 9Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets and filling.
- 10Place the triangles on lightly greased baking sheets; brush with butter.
- 11Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Spinach Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (2692 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g