1 hr 10 mins
Jessy M's Note:
From Taste of Home, this is a great one-dish meal. My 8 year old son ate it and didn't even realize he was eating spinach! Don't let some of the ingredients throw you off, they work amazingly well together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium pasta shells
- 3 large onions, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (9 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups ham, cubed
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onions in oil for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Add spinach and rosemary; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in ricotta and goat cheeses until blended.
- 3Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add the ham, onion mixture and sauce; toss to coat.
- 4Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Shells Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.7
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 1025.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 34.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: