- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 cup ham, cooked, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 red apple, unpeeled, cubed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse sauerkraut in a colander and drain well. Place in serving bowl.
- Add ham, celery, green pepper and onion.
- Combine sugar, and vinegar in a small bowl. Stirr untill sugar is almost dissolved. Add apples and toss well, pour over sauerkraut.
- Toss and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled.