Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy good dish, unsure where I dug this up from, I've made this many, many times.
Make and share this Ham and Rice Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, julienne strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oleo
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons vermouth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sliced pimentos, drained
- While rice is cooking, sautee ham in butter.
- Add onions and celery, cook over medium heat intil tender crisp.
- Stir in soup, wine, mustard, and dill weed, heat thoroughly.
- Add sour cream and pimento, Heat, but do not boil.
- Serve over hot rice.