Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick and easy casserole that adults and kids will like. Great use of left over ham. It is creamy and hearty, sure to please.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- Combine all ingredients except butter and corn flakes.
- Spoon into a greased casserole dish (8x8 or 10x7).
- Combine butter and corn flakes and put over top of dish.
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 40 minutes.
Great use of left over ham. I did some things different. We are in the processes of moving so I didn't have the right pan. So I used a large pot. And I didn't have any Cream of Chicken soup, so I used Chedder Cheese soup. And I didn't use Frozen Broc, I had fresh. And it turned out yummy. Thanks
A clear favorite of many recipes we used while we were trying to finish off a leftover ham. We substituted corn for the broccoli as we didn't have any on hand. Will definitely make again, maybe with chicken the next time. Thanks for the great recipe, Tracy!
This was okay. My family said it would be better as a side dish. I couldn't quite put my finger on what I didn't like. Here's a thought: chicken in place of ham and I feel shoepeg corn would really set it off.