Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my oldest recipes! I can't count the times I've made this. Now my daughter makes it regularly for her family. For some reason, this really appeals to kids who stick up their noses at one dish meals. It's quick, easy and delicious.
- 177.44 ml long grain rice
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 473.18 ml ham, cooked and cubed
- 255.14 g package frozen cut green beans
- 297.66 g can beef broth
- Cook rice and onion in oil until rice is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add ham, beans, broth and ½ cup water. Heat to boiling.
- Turn into a 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir just before serving.
This was a hit with the whole family! I added the ham to the rice to brown it a bit...then I added the broth and water. I also didn't bother putting it in the oven...I just finished it on the stove and added steamed broccoli cuts to it after it was cooked. (I kept all the same measurements).
Easy and great recipe for leftover ham. I swapped peas for the beans and used red onion which was delicious. I will add more rice next time. I added 1 tsp garlic powder and also missed step 2 and had to cook at 400 for an additional 15min to cook the rice. Will definitely make again, thanks!
Yum, Yum, Yum. It doesn't get any better than this - Easy, Inexpensive, Nutritious & Totally Delicious. I didn't change a thing. (I almost wanted to add some rice before I put it in the oven as I didn't think it called for enough, but I am glad I didn't - It came out perfect!) I My whole family loved it.