Recipe by TGirl,RN
Creamy, cheesy comfort food for a ton of people.
Top Review by rcgossett
Made this for a church meeting, it was good but this recipe will realistically feed only about 60 people. I made the full recipe and it made 6 9x13 pans. It was a good recipe though, and enjoyed by all. I found it easy to make and easy to put together. I appreciated the way you have how many cups of each ingredient to put in each casserole. I will be making a scaled down version for a potluck this Sunday. Thank you for a good recipe.
- 20 lbs red potatoes
- 8 lbs cooked ham, cubed
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 2 quarts milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all purpose
- 6 lbs American cheese, cubed
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender, allow them to cool, then cut into cubes.
- Grease eight 13 by 9 inch casserole dishes, and put 6 cups of potatoes into each pan.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of ham into each pan.
- In large pot, combine milk, soup, and flour, whisk until smooth, and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened, then add cheese, pepper, and paprika.
- When cheese has melted, pour 2 1/4 cups of sauce into each pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, then remove cover and bake for another 10 minutes.