Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the October 2003 homemakers magazine.
Make and share this Ham and Potato Tortilla recipe from Food.com.
- Slice potatoes very thinly.
- Place slices in a saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until almost tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain again.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion slices and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Place ham and green pepper in a bowl.
- Add onions and stir.
- Arrange a third of the potato slices in a circular pattern over the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) quiche pan.
- Sprinkle with some of the onion mixture.
- Continue layering, finishing with remaining onion, ham and pepper.
- Press down gently to compact.
- Whisk eggs with lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set in the centre.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
This was a nice comfort foody supper for our family one night. No leftovers! We substituted green beans for the pepper, and will probably experiment with other greens: peas, broccoli... we will also saute garlic with the onions or add some cheese on top next time.