Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from the October 2003 homemakers magazine.
Make and share this Ham and Potato Tortilla recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large unpeeled potatoes (875 g)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup finely chopped lean ham
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon ReaLemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Slice potatoes very thinly.
- Place slices in a saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until almost tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Drain again.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion slices and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Place ham and green pepper in a bowl.
- Add onions and stir.
- Arrange a third of the potato slices in a circular pattern over the bottom of a 9 inch (23 cm) quiche pan.
- Sprinkle with some of the onion mixture.
- Continue layering, finishing with remaining onion, ham and pepper.
- Press down gently to compact.
- Whisk eggs with lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over top.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until set in the centre.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
This was a nice comfort foody supper for our family one night. No leftovers! We substituted green beans for the pepper, and will probably experiment with other greens: peas, broccoli... we will also saute garlic with the onions or add some cheese on top next time.