Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This is so good on a cold day. We usually serve it with fresh crusty bread and butter. One of my favorite comfort foods.
Top Review by DeniseBC
This was very good and perfect for a gray, cold winters day. I made it as directed with a cook time of 6 hours; be sure to use country ham because the saltiness of it flavors the soup. I may try next time to use something lighter than heavy cream, but it was delicious as written, just not light! Thanks Sandy for sharing!!
- 907.18 g red potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1 inch slices
- 453.59 g country ham, diced
- 177.44 ml sliced green onion
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 473.18 ml water
- 354.88 ml milk
- 236.59 ml shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 9.85 ml ground black pepper
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- chopped green onion, for garnish