Recipe by SXYNTV
I found this recipe searching for my baby sister's birthday request! I found this was fast and easy! It turned out to be one of the best potato soups I have made. I hope everyone enjoys!!!
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a lovely soup, had great textures and flavor. It was quick and easy to make, smelled terrific while cooking and tasted great also. We really enjoyed your recipe. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 3 1⁄2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup diced cooked ham
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.