Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, diced
- Combine potatoes,water,onion,celery,pepper and salt in a large saucepan.
- Cook until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- In a separate bowl,mix flour and one cup of milk,blending well.
- Add flour/milk mixture,butter,chicken broth,ham and remaining milk to large saucepan with potato mixture.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until heated through and thickened.
This is pretty good. It's warm and hearty and it's easy but it doesn't have much pizzazz. We had to add a lot of salt to get a better flavor. The consistency was real good though so I'll make it again - but next time I think I'll try cooking the potatoes in broth instead of water and I'll probably add some herbs or spices. Nice basic recipe, though. Thanks!
I skipped the broth, threw in a couple of boullion cubes in the water. It would have made too much and been too thin had I added it. Easy enough to make, great texture.
Exactly what I was looking for. Great the night I made it and great as a leftover. I'll be making this a lot I bet, since the family really enjoyed it.