Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe from msn.com when I was trying to use up letfover ham. I also needed it to be dairy-free as my daughter has a milk alergy. There is yogurt but she can have that.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 lb small potato
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked ham (8 oz)
- Slice potatoes; halve any large slices.
- In a large skillet cook potatoes and fresh green beans, if using, in water, covered, about 15 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender. (If using frozen beans, add to potatoes the last 5 minutes of cooking.) Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan stir together yogurt, flour, mustard, dillweed, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour over vegetables in skillet. Stir in ham. Heat through.
The sauce ended up quite thick when I made it (I might have used slightly less yogurt), so I think I'd stick with 1 tbsp flour next time. I also substituted in vanilla yogurt since that's what I had on hand, but it still ended up rather tasty! Will make a great lunch all next week :)