Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw a photo of these on a food blog and I can tell it's a keeper, as well as a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Source: Woman's Day
- Mix patty ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Form into 8 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in each of two medium nonstick skillets (or cook 1 batch at a time in 1 pan).
- Add 4 patties to each pan and cook over medium heat, turning over patties 2-3 times until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until blended. Serve with patties.
This dish is just phenomenal. However, I found that the patties did not stay together very well at first. We had to troubleshoot with the recipe before we got it right. What worked for us? Instead of the cooking oil in the pan, I 86'd that part of the recipe and sprayed cooking spray on the pan and on my spatula so that the mashed potatoes didn't get stuck anywhere. They browned nicely after that. And, man do they taste good! The next time we make this recipe, we're planning on making smaller balls out of the ingredients and deep frying them!
Hi Picholine; The ingredients in this recipe are everything that I really enjoy. I did add 2 tablespoons of butter along with the vegetable oil for frying. I cut the recipe in half and made only one large 8 inch patty. It browned so nice and tasted absolutely delicious along with the Sauce. I grow my own horseradish and this sauce was superb. I will be making it many more times because of all the good ingredients. Thank you for sharing. Warmest Regards, "Uncle Bill"