Recipe by jonesies
What goes better than ham and potatoes? Now they're served up in these great little pancakes that are lightly fried in oil and served hot. Good for breakfast, side dish or as the main course. By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
- 3⁄4 lb yukon gold potato, peeled, grated and squeezed dry (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped (about 4 to 5 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- chili sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine grated potatoes, green onions and eggs in large bowl; mix well.
- Add ham, flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large heavy-bottomed skillet.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoon and press with back of spoon to flatten.
- Cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil if necessary to cook remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with chili sauce.