Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "The Good Carb Cookbook", posted for safe keeping.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup lean diced ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked new potatoes
- 2 cups fat free egg substitute
- 1 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese or 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Coat a 10 inch nonstick ovenproof skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and add the onion, bell peppers and ham. Place the skillet over med-high heat, cover, and cook, stirring several times, for about 3 minutes or until the onions and peppers start to soften.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and stir to mix. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 1 minute or until the mixture is heated through.
- Reduce heat to low and pour the egg substitute over the potato mixture. Cover, and cook without stirring for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are almost set.
- Remove lid from skillet and wrap the handle in aluminum foil (to ensure it will not be damaged by broiler flame.) Place the skillet in a preheated broiler and broil for about 3 minutes or just until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle cheese over top and broil for another minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve hot.