Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Received from a friend.
- 1 cup cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 cups ham
- 2 cups potatoes
- salt and pepper
- onion (optional)
- 1 -2 pressed garlic clove (optional)
- cheese, for topping
- In a saucepan heat cheese and cream, stirring constantly until cheese is melted and sauce is creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add garlic.
- Pour into ungreased casserole dish. (I use a cake pan).
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes.
- When it is done baking I sprinkle cheese on top and put back in the oven until cheese is melted.
I made this last night for dinner and it was a hit. I was pressed for time so I used home canned potatoes and a package of diced ham from the grocery store. This was so easy and quick. The best part was my picky 2 yr old son ate every bite, minus the onions I added. Thanks for posting Jen!
I wish I could rate this higher but I just didn't have great results with it. The basic problem is it doesn't state either how the potatoes should be cut (I cut mine in large-ish cubes) or whether they should be par-boiled or not. The 30-35 minutes specified was just not long enough to cook the raw potato, I had to leave it in the oven for a lot longer and by then the cream sauce was not quite as thick, nor as creamy. I will definitely make this again, but use partly-cooked potatoes to ensure even cooking.
Very nice dish!! I doubled the recipe and added the optional onions and garlic. The entire family enjoyed this dish.