Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that my Grandmother would always make using leftover ham. Its great for small or large families.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 cups ham, cooked and diced
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- COOK onion and green pepper in margarine until tender.
- STIR in flour and pepper.
- ADD milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- REDUCE heat and add cheese and mayo; stir until cheese melts.
- ADD potatoes and ham; put into casserole dish.
- BAKE for 30 minutes.
Very tasty. Even the children liked it!
This was great! Easy, pretty quick, and SO yummy! My 3-year-old and 7-year-old loved it, as did my husband. One substitution I made was that I used swiss cheese instead of cheddar because that's all I had on hand. It was still delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!
This was a huge hit! My DH, kids, and brother devoured it in seconds! Next time I'll make 2 so I'll have some leftovers. I followed the directions pretty closely. Here are the things I did differently: I used butter in place of margarine and added fresh minced garlic to the onions and peppers. Also, this definitely doesn't make 12 servings in my house as a main dish, maybe more like 8. Fabulous use for leftover ham and definitely put onto my regular rotation!