Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 3 cups O'Brien potatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1 cup crouton (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine undiluted soup and sour cream; blend well.
- Stir in hash browns and ham.
- Spoon into ungreased 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until bubbly and potatoes are tender, stirring once after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with croutons.
I used this basic recipe except I used mushroom soup. I added green onions, celery salt,southern style hashbrowns and shredded cheddar cheese. We all liked it. My husband doesn't like celery or green or red peppers so I changed the recipe a little.
Nice, easy recipe with a good flavor. I liked the cream of celery as a change from cream of mushroom or chicken soup - and sour cream instead of cheese, like you typically see with ham. I personally prefer plain potatoes to o'brien, but my fiance thinks it's great the way it is and that plain potatoes would change the flavor too much. I think it would be good either way!