Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a favorite at my house.
- 4 cups diced potatoes (, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 4 cups diced ham (, 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 teaspoons horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Cook cubed potatoes about 15 minutes.
- Dice cooked ham.
- Layer potatoes in a 9x13-inch baking dish, pepper and salt to taste.
- Layer ham over potatoes.
- Blend whipping cream, cheese and horseradish then spread mixture over the ham layer.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350.
We loved this dish. Even though I took others advise & increased the horseradish, it doesn't really stand out over the other flavours. I used 4 - 4 1/2 tsps & it was perfect for us. We don't like saucy dishes so I increased the ham & potatoe abit also. Due to the ham & horseradish I didn't add alot of salt & may cut out all together next time. Great dish, thanks for sharing.
We loved this! I subbed sour cream for the whipping cream, added onion and garlic powder to the seasoning, and increased the cheese to 2 cups and the horseradish to 4 teaspoons. My group of 5 hungry men ate every last morsel! Thanks for sharing!
Very tasty and adaptable casserole. I used 3 c. ham. For the cream, I used equal parts sour cream and half-n-half. I used 4 tsp. horseradish, and the taste really came through. I used additional cheese. We all enjoyed this, but obviously it wasn't made to exact specifications. (I also couldn't resist adding some fresh basil.) Lovely dinner!