Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A great one dish meal for at home or to take to pot lucks.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ham slices, extra lean,cut into strips
- 16 ounces carrots, frozen,cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cooked potatoes in water until tender; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper and thyme until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; stir in 1 cup cheese and mustard until cheese is melted.
- Fold in potatoes, ham, carrots, and parsley.
- Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish coated with Pam.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.