Recipe by RockinChef
A home style, country dish that my mother use to make for my family. This dish is perfect with a salad and some toasted, buttered bread. Mmm mmm good!
Top Review by Merlot
This was perfect when I needed to come up with a quick lunch. (I loved the idea of using rotisserie chicken.) This will definitely go into my "camping" cookbook when I am traveling and need something quick AND delicious. Thanks for sharing, 2much2do.
- 10 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced (or any potatoes you have on hand)
- 1⁄2-1 lb of your favorite style ham
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups grated colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- milk, to cover
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a LARGE casserole dish of your choice.
- In the greased baking dish layer HALF of these ingredients, in this order, potatoes, ham, onion, cheese, flour, salt, and pepper.
- After this layer the other half in the same order.
- Beat the 2 eggs in a small bowl and evenly pour over the top of the potatoes and other ingredients.
- Cover all of these ingredients with milk.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for another 10 minutes.