Recipe by Kim1
This is a great potluck dish.
Top Review by ChipotleChick
This was a yummy lowfat casserole! I halved the recipe. I didn't have any red potatoes, so I used sliced russets, and I used gold sweet pepper instead of red, and stone ground mustard instead of dijon :) I think next time, I will use a little less mustard, but that could be because I used the stone ground. Thanks for the recipe! :)
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 (12 ounce) cans fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded, divided, plus
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ham, cut into strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen carrots, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in water until tender,drain.
- In a large skillet saute onion and pepper in oil till tender.
- Stir in flour,pepper,thyme until blended.
- Gradually add milk.
- Bring to a boil, cook stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat, stir in 1 cup of cheese and mustard until cheese melts.
- Fold in the potatoes, ham, carrots and parsley.
- Transfer to a 3 quart baking dish coated with non stick cooking spray.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Uncover,bake 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese.