Ham and Penne Alfredo With Broccoli
- Cook penne pasta in boiling water according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of boiling, add the raw broccoli flowerets; drain.
- Place cubed ham into empty hot pot; pour cooked penne/broccoli mixture over top and gently toss together.
- While penne is cooking -- melt butter in a medium saucepan over med-low heat; add minced onion and saute until onions are translucent. Do not burn or brown.
- Keep heat on med-low and add half and half, milk, parmesan, salt, white pepper and garlic powder. Stir frequently until heated through, cheese is melted and smooth.
- Pour sauce over cooked penne mixture and gently toss to coat.