A great way to use up leftover ham. Generally a kid-pleaser, too.
Make and share this Ham and Penne Alfredo With Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 5 cups raw broccoli florets, broken up small
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup minced white onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook penne pasta in boiling water according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of boiling, add the raw broccoli flowerets; drain.
- Place cubed ham into empty hot pot; pour cooked penne/broccoli mixture over top and gently toss together.
- While penne is cooking -- melt butter in a medium saucepan over med-low heat; add minced onion and saute until onions are translucent. Do not burn or brown.
- Keep heat on med-low and add half and half, milk, parmesan, salt, white pepper and garlic powder. Stir frequently until heated through, cheese is melted and smooth.
- Pour sauce over cooked penne mixture and gently toss to coat.
Very good! I used storeboughten alfredo sauce instead because I had that on hand, but it still tasted delicious! Great way to add veggies into a dish as well. Thanks for posting!
We really enjoyed this. Easy and Quick! I think next time I will make with Asparagus or Peas for a change.