1/1 Photo of Ham and Peas Mac and Cheese
An all-in-one stovetop meal that tastes good and rhymes, too ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb diced cooked ham
- 1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 2In a large pot, melt the butter and saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the flour until well blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the milk; stir well.
- 5Add in the cheeses, mustard, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 6Continue to cook and stir until smooth, hot and thickened.
- 7Stir in the ham, peas and cooked/drained macaroni.
- 8Stir well until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Peas Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 838.3
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 619.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 46.4 g