Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the Everyday with RR magazine. Haven't made it, but it looks tasty. I adjusted some of the ingredients because they were confusing. Go here for the original recipe. http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/beef-pork-lamb-recipes/ham-and-peas-casserole/article.html
- 1⁄2 lb ham, torn into small pieces
- 2 cups cornbread, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter a 9-inch casserole dish.
- In a bowl, toss the ham, cornbread, peas and thyme; transfer to the baking dish.
- In the same bowl, beat together the milk, eggs and yolk and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pour into the baking dish.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake until the custard is just set in the center, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with a green salad.