Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe for 2 from the Greenock House Inn of Orange Virginia.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 slices danish ham, cut into 1/2 inch squares (sandwich style)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked rotini pasta or 4 cups other pastas
- Brown butter in a large skillet.
- Add pepper and ham.
- Toss to coat and to separate ham pieces.
- Add cream and simmer until cream sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add cheese and peas.
- Leave the pan on the heat just long enough to cook the peas.
- Just before serving, add the pasta.
- Toss to coat.
- Serve with garlic bread.