Recipe by Clifford Boren
Good mild creole dish. Serve with crispy green salad, and well chilled white wine.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
I made this last night for dinner and it was very much enjoyed by my fiance. He is a creole by heart and loves all the foods that they make, but sence I am sick I didn't want anything spicy or to heavy. This dish fit the bill, and when great with these little Challah breads I made. Thanks!
- 1 lb cooked ham, in 1/2 inch dice
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces packages wide egg noodles (actually I use No-Yolks noodles)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 10 ounces okra (frozen is fine)
- 1 cup stuffed green olive
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta per package directions.
- In large sauce pan, heat oil and cook celery, and onion, stirring often, for about five minutes.
- Add ham and continue cooking until ham is nicely browned.
- Add tomatoes, corn, olives, okra and seasoning.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or so.
- When vegies are tender and hot, serve over pasta.