Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 pint oyster
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chopped ham
- 2 cups green peas, cooked and drained
- Firstly, drain oysters and reserve liquid.
- Saute onion in butter until transparent.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Add flour to this.
- Stir well until smooth.
- Add oyster liquid, wine and milk.
- Cook until thick.
- Stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Add oysters, onion, ham and lastly peas.
- Pour into a buttered 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenhit.
This was a perfect way to use up a piece of boiled ham even though I had to eliminate the peas. I only wish oysters weren't so expensive.
Wanted something different for the night before Turkey Day so I took a chance on this recipe!! It was wonderful. A must try. Easy and impressive.