Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "River Roads Recipes II". Submitted by Mr. John G. Blanche. Posted for ZWT5.
Make and share this Ham and Oyster Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup hot chicken stock or 1 cup bouillon
- 1 cup hot cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint oyster, with juice
- white salt & pepper
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add flour and stir over low heat without permitting flour to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken stock and cream gradually.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Put in a pan over hot water and add sherry and ham.
- In another skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add oysters and juice.
- Cook until edges curl.
- Add oysters to sauce and heat thoroughly without boiling.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Serve in pastry shells or on toast.