Recipe by kellychris
From "River Roads Recipes II". Submitted by Mr. John G. Blanche. Posted for ZWT5.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup hot chicken stock or 1 cup bouillon
- 1 cup hot cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint oyster, with juice
- white salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add flour and stir over low heat without permitting flour to brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add chicken stock and cream gradually.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Put in a pan over hot water and add sherry and ham.
- In another skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add oysters and juice.
- Cook until edges curl.
- Add oysters to sauce and heat thoroughly without boiling.
- Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Serve in pastry shells or on toast.