From "River Roads Recipes II". Submitted by Mr. John G. Blanche. Posted for ZWT5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- 2Add flour and stir over low heat without permitting flour to brown (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add chicken stock and cream gradually.
- 4Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thick and smooth.
- 5Put in a pan over hot water and add sherry and ham.
- 6In another skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add oysters and juice.
- 7Cook until edges curl.
- 8Add oysters to sauce and heat thoroughly without boiling.
- 9Add salt and pepper for taste.
- 10Serve in pastry shells or on toast.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Oyster Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.6
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 295.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g