Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- To start with, take ham and onions and sauté them in butter until the onions are done. You can also add mushrooms, or use mushrooms instead of onions.
- Mix and then sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the well-beaten egg to the liquid.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients very gradually, and stir quickly.
- Now add the melted butter, egg whites.
- Finally add your sautéed ham and onions.
- Hint: Turning the pancake more than once makes it firm.
- This recipe will make about 2 dozen cakes depending on how you pour them.
Very good savory pancakes. We added the mushrooms to half the batch and found we preferred them without, and I LOVE shrooms. DH ate his with syrup and I ate mine with plain yogurt. These are very thick and not at all like Pannekoeken- Dutch pancakes. They were nice all the same. Dutch pancakes are very thin and light, these are light but very thick and rise very nicely. We enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for a great recipe!