Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cubed (you can add more or less of this depending on how much you like ham)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (You can add more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- To start with, take ham and onions and sauté them in butter until the onions are done. You can also add mushrooms, or use mushrooms instead of onions.
- Mix and then sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the well-beaten egg to the liquid.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients very gradually, and stir quickly.
- Now add the melted butter, egg whites.
- Finally add your sautéed ham and onions.
- Hint: Turning the pancake more than once makes it firm.
- This recipe will make about 2 dozen cakes depending on how you pour them.
Very good savory pancakes. We added the mushrooms to half the batch and found we preferred them without, and I LOVE shrooms. DH ate his with syrup and I ate mine with plain yogurt. These are very thick and not at all like Pannekoeken- Dutch pancakes. They were nice all the same. Dutch pancakes are very thin and light, these are light but very thick and rise very nicely. We enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for a great recipe!