Recipe by Annacia
Served with tomato slices in it, it's a meal in a muffin
Top Review by Nif
Yum! I used 2 1/2 cups of flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder for the self raising flour. I couldn't find lemon thyme, so I used regular fresh thyme. I might just use more thyme and parmesan next time. This made 12 regular muffins for me. Also, I didn't let them brown because I didn't want them to dry out. They were cooked through and moist at 40 minutes. Made for Went to the Market tag. Thanks Annacia! :)
- 4 ounces smoked ham, diced small
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, woschestire sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup light olive oil
- 1 large egg
- fresh grated pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh lemon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ham and onions with sauce and pepper in microwave on high, stirring occasionally until onions are wilted.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Whisk egg, milk, oil and salt together and pour into flour.
- Mix gently until partially combined.
- Add in ham mixture and the rest of the ingredients.
- Fold through until smooth.
- Spoon into muffin tray and bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 30-45 minutes or until tops brown and skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with cream cheese and dashes of black pepper; or however you wish!
- (Will make 6 large muffins).