Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Austrian noodle and ham dish....
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fully cooked smoked ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Drop noodles into boiling salted water.
- Cook three minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cover let stand, 7 minutes-- Drain-- Stir butter and onion into noodles.
- Stir eggs into sour cream.
- Then stir the sour cream mixture into ham and caraway and pepper into the nooddles.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour noodles mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees until set, about 40 minutes.
- Serve from casserole, or unmold onto platter--.
Delicious! I added frozen peas, more sour cream, and sprinkled with parmesan, than covered with foil.
This was good and a nice different way to use up leftover ham. I used 1 cup sour cream as it didn't look like enough liquid as written and do think it would have been too dry with only 1/2 cup. I also put the breadcrumbs on top instead of the bottom. Thanks for the recipe!
Quick and easy to make. I used extra thick Amish-style egg noodles. When I make it again, I'll add a little more sour cream/egg mix - maybe the thick noodles made it seem a little dry.