Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This creamy noodle dish is extremely good.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 lb cooked ham (cubed)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles (cooked by package directions)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas (thaw)
- Combine the flour and a small amount of milk to make a smooth paste. When smooth, add remaining milk and the mustard; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Add carrots and garlic and cook until crispy-tender, stirring often.
- Next take the set-aside milk mixture and stir into carrots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- When mixture thickens, cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in ham, cooked noodles and thawed peas.
- Heat through till good and hot, stirring constantly, but gently.
- Serve immediately.
I needed a way to use up some ham and this caught my eye! I halved the recipe and used rotini noodles. Just because I am used to it, I sprinkled the flour in with the sauteed carrots and then added the milk. The mustard adds a nice flavor with the white sauce. I topped mine with parmesan cheese. This was eaten up by my teens, too. Thanks Darlene. Roxygirl
My entire family really enjoyed this dish. Quick to fix stovetop comfort food that's ready in no time. Add a green salad and a roll and dinner's served! Simple, mild flavor with lots of color from the carrots, peas and ham. I added some salt, used a full teaspoon of fresh garlic and whole wheat noodles. Didn't thaw the peas. Sauce is creamy but not heavy or gloppy and does not overwhelm the flavor of the other ingredients. Much lower fat than similar dishes and a good choice for families with young kids. A little parmesan on top would be yummy, too. Thanks, Darlene, for sharing your recipe!