Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy skillet dinner that kids generally love. Uses up leftover ham. I usually double this recipe.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces cooked ham, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In large skillet, melt butter and saute onion until soft.
- To skillet, add light cream, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, peas, ham and parsley.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts and mixture is hot and thickened.
- Toss with hot cooked noodles. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Comfort Food! I love this because it is an excellent way to use extra ham. I used reduced fat cream cheese and fat-free cream and it was still rich. Thanks for the recipe!
This was a great, quick and easy dish! I made it just as directed (with peas) and we enjoyed it, but I may try with broccoli as another reviewer suggested because that sounds good too. All in all a very nice supper that I will make again!
My first instinct is to write, YUMMY!!!! Our family is like Pattikay's....and we added more peas and cheddar. Great quick and tasty meal that my family devoured! Thanks for yet another family pleasing HIT Pars!!! **Went to market 2007**