Recipe by carolinafan
From Southern Living Magazine.
Top Review by ~Robyn~
My husband LOVED this! I made to changes, one was i thought I had cheddar and didn't so I used Velveeta and two, I added frozen broccoli. This was very easy and a tasty way to use up leftover ham. I used 12 oz. of Amish wide egg noodles and it really made a lot, enough for us to have lunch today and more and considering we are a non leftover loving family that is saying something that we are excited about it! Thanks! I wasn't sure if you should cover this during cooking but I did and it came out great.
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (4 ounces)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Place half of noodles in a buttered 2 quart casserole.
- Combine ham and 3/4 cup cheese; sprinkle half of ham mixture over noodles.
- Combine soup and milk, mixing well; pour half of soup mixture over ham mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese; dot with butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.