Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very simple casserole with ham and noodles. Rich and comforting.
- 6 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook noodles as directed on package, drain them and add one tablespoon of the butter to them and stir.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan stir the milk and soup together over low heat until smooth.
- Add the onion, mustard and sour cream to the soup mixture.
- In a greased casserole dish layer half of the noodles, half of the ham, and half of the sauce.
- Repeat the layers until you have used it all.
- Melt the other tablespoon of butter and add the breadcrumbs to it.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the casserole.
- Top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees (farenheit) for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Spring PAC 2008: I really like this casserole. It is very good comfort food - I love the little something that the mustard gives to this dish!