Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I received from my Aunt Bea. It is from around the 1950's. I have never seen another recipe like it. It is one of my favorites.
- 1 lb ham, cubed
- 1⁄3 lb maple bacon, finely chopped
- 1 med.sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato bisque soup, some time I put 3, it makes it juicier
- Fry the ham first in a large frying pan; remove the ham, and now fry the bacon crispy.
- Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel.
- Fry the onion in the bacon grease.
- Cook egg noodles according to the package, drain.
- Put the egg noodles in a Dutch oven with the ham, corn, lima beans, onions and tomato bisque soup. Mix thoroughly. Put the bacon on top of this mixture.
- Bake in a covered Dutch oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.