Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family just love this potao salad. I prefer the skin left on the potatoes but they can be peeled.
- 750 g baby potatoes
- 100 g smoked ham, cut into thick strips
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched and cut into about 5cm lengths
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped semi sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Wash potatoes and cut into half or quarter (according to size of potato) and boil or steam them until just tender.
- When cooked mix the potatoes, ham, asparagus, tomatoes, spring onions and half the chives, and toss gently with the mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard.
- Chill. until cold and arrange the salad onto a serving plate, sprinkle with the remainder of the chives and serve immediately.
Gorgeous summery fresh salad. I used a big tomato from the garden instead of sundried ones and rocket also from the garden as I had no asparagus. I went mad on the herbs too - parsley, chives and basil. The lovely seed mustard I used was Mrs McGarrigle's Canadian Maple. This made a perfect light meal.