Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can prepare this slightly ahead and keep it warm in the oven until ready to serve, adjust ingredients to taste, the success of this dish will depend on the quality of your Parmesan cheese so try to use a fresh grated good quality cheese ;-)
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesrefrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (can use more)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)
- 3⁄4-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt (to taste)
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet heat butter over medium heat; add the onions, garlic, thyme and a pinch of cayenne pepper, and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and cook until they are tender and release all their moisture (make certain that the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated before adding in the remaining ingredients).
- Add in the cook ham, then stir in the whipping cream and black pepper; cook stirring over low heat until heated through.
- Stir in the Parmeasn cheese until melted.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste and more black pepper if desired.
- Drain the tortellini (do not rinse) and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the creamed sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese.
Very tasty, we love tortellini dishes. I have now prepared several of your recipes and just love all of them. It is so generous that you share them with all of us here. Keep them coming please!