Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices thin deli ham (like for sandwiches)
- 2 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Make a split in each chicken breast to form a pocket.
- Pound each breast between layers of plastic wrap to flatten.
- Mince the ham and the mushrooms and mix well.
- Oil a baking dish with the sesame oil and place the chicken pieces in it, turning once so that there is a little oil on each side of the chicken.
- Fill the chicken pockets with the ham mixture.
- Press edges closed.
- Mix the chicken broth and sherry and pour over chicken.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes (or until chicken is done).
- Mix the cornflour and soya sauce until smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Place the pan juices and the soya mixture in a pan and bring to a boil, stirring until thickened to a gravy-like texture.
- Serve the chicken with the gravy poured over it.