1/1 Photo of Ham and Mushroom Burger (No Bread Bun)
This is from our local/state paper and presented by Vince Garreffa a renowned butcher here in Perth Western Australia and most of his recipes usually involve big cuts of meat, though yes there is still meat here in the ham, the photo looked of the burger looked so good and unusual definately not your usual at the best you can say is the mushrooms become the bun. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 100ml extra virgin olive oil with garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper and rub the mix over the insides of each mushroom.
- 2Place the mushrooms cap side down in a non stick prypan with 2 tablespoons of oil drizzled between the mushrooms to fry for 5 to 10 minutes, colouring the cap side only (DON"T COOK THE GILL SIDE).
- 3Rest them with the lid on the pan so that they steam and cool gently and when cool enough to handle, lay one mushroom cap down on a tray and crunch/fold 2 slices ham into it, 2 basil leaves, 1 slice of cheese and then again 2 slices ham, 2 basil, 1 cheese - 2 layers in total, then place the second mushroom on top and secure with string and repeat with other 3 or make an assembly line and do all 4 at once.
- 4The burgers can be prepared in advance (1 or 2 days) and then bake at 175C for 10-15 minutes to warm them through and serve them hot - we eat them with a knife and fork but the kids love to use their hands.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Mushroom Burger (No Bread Bun)
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 136.7 mg
- Sodium 1312.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 42.1 g