Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool and attractive salad for a hot summer night.
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut in small cubes
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- chopped of fresh mint (to garnish)
- Rub salad bowl with cut side of garlic pieces.
- Combine ham, celery, green onion, walnuts and orange segments, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour until chilled.
- Before serving, mix the mayonaisse, black pepper, cream and vinegar until smooth.
- Pour over ham mixture and toss until well coated.
- Garnish with fresh mint.