Recipe by little_wing
Found this in a magazine article about the Spanish cheese, Manchego and am posting for ZWT. I loved this new cheese, BF wasn't so sure but he isn't the cheese freak that I am. I don't have a panini press so I use my cast iron grill pan which works great.
Top Review by cookiedog
I used some left over dinner rolls, swiss in place of the manchego, and heated them up on the George Foreman. The sweetness of the dipping sauce was perfect with the salty ham. Made by a fellow Jefe for ZWT 4 Family Picks.
- 4 slices country bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 ounces manchego cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide ham and cheese evenly between two pieces of bread and top with remaining bread.
- Brush tops of sandwiches with 2 teaspoons oil.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat.
- Place panini in skillet, oiled side up.
- Cover and cook until golden and cheese has melted, 5-8 minutes per side, pressing down with spatula occasionally.
- For sauce, mix together jam and dijon.