Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄2 lb boiled ham or 1⁄2 lb baked ham
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, diced
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Dice ham into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Combine ham and cheese with macaroni, celery, onion and pickle.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; then stir into macaroni mixture, mixing well.
- Chill well until ready to serve, several hours for maximum flavor!
- Serve in a lettuce lined bowl, and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
- Tip: Elbow macaroni doubles in volume when cooked, so start with 1 cup dry macaroni to yield 2 cups needed for this recipe.
My entire family found this salad ultimately pleasureable. I added shrimp and boiled eggs. We cannot agree on using Mayonaise or Miracle Whip in this kind of salad, so I always use half and half then we are both contented. I tripled the recipe and enjoyed it over the holiday weekend so I didn't have to slave in the kitchen. It was so nice,,,Thank you sincerely for taking time to share this simple recipe. Goes with anything.
This ham salad was a sure-fire family pleaser. A combination of very simple ingredients that all went well together for a good chunky pasta salad. I used up some left-over smoked ham I had in the freezer. I didn't get 10 servings out of it though, more like 4-5. Maybe we are just hogs. ;) Thank you for the recipe.
Yummy! Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe. The only change I made was using 1/2 Miracle Whip & 1/2 Mayo. Very good!!