Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, one-pot meal. Spinach linguine with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots tossed with ham in mushroom-cheese sauce.
- 1 carrot, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 ounces spinach linguine (or a mix of the two) or 6 ounces plain linguine (or a mix of the two)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 6 ounces deli ham, sliced into bite-sized strips
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, sauté carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower in 1 tbsp butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pasta and boiling salted water, and boil until pasta is tender, but still firm, and vegetables are tender-crisp (10-15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Drain; keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter and sauté mushrooms in until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings, stirring continuously until flour is light golden brown.
- Add milk, and cook, stirring continuously until thick and bubbly.
- Add ham and cheese; continue to stir until cheese melts.
- Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables, and toss to coat.