Easy, one-pot meal. Spinach linguine with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots tossed with ham in mushroom-cheese sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 carrot, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup cauliflower floret
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 ounces spinach linguine (or a mix of the two) or 6 ounces plain linguine (or a mix of the two)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 ounces deli ham, sliced into bite-sized strips
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
- 1In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, sauté carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower in 1 tbsp butter for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add pasta and boiling salted water, and boil until pasta is tender, but still firm, and vegetables are tender-crisp (10-15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- 3Drain; keep warm.
- 4Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter and sauté mushrooms in until tender.
- 5Blend in flour and seasonings, stirring continuously until flour is light golden brown.
- 6Add milk, and cook, stirring continuously until thick and bubbly.
- 7Add ham and cheese; continue to stir until cheese melts.
- 8Pour sauce over pasta and vegetables, and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Linguine With Mushroom-Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 776.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 20.7 g