- 1 ham hock
- 4 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 (16 ounce) packages frozen baby lima beans
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hamhock in a stockpot with enouth water to cover; add onions and garlic. Simmer 1 hour. Skim the top of the water if necessary.
- Add celery and carrots; simmer 45 minutes more or until hock is tender.
- Remove meat from bone and return to pot. Add lima beans; cook uncovered 1 hour or until beans are tender. Remove bay leaves and season to taste.